This site is dedicated to everything that can be disagreed about. There are appropriate swear words and graphic descriptions so PLEASE, keep your children off this site. In fact, don't let your kids look at anything with a screen.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Constitution

There are 27 amendments to the U.S. Constitution. What would you add or take away?

Personally, I think that the 16th Amendment should immediately be repealed. It is state-sponsored slavery. A citizen of this country must (or should) work to survive. Taking the product of that labor is no different than a master-slave relationship. My time is no longer my own. A significant percentage of it belongs to bureaucrats, my masters. The harder I work and the more I make, the better it is for my masters. Meanwhile I have diminishing returns.

Holey cow! If I change "bureaucrats" to "capitalists", I sound like Karl Marx.

Amendment 28 would re-establish the Tenth Amendment. The principle reason is that is would allow people the option of moving to the State which best suits an individual's view of the proper relationship of subject to state. With an all-pervading federal government, nobody has a choice.

Amendment 29 would require sunset clauses on ALL legislation. All legislation would be reviewed to determine need and efficaciousness after a prescribed number of years. Another vote would be required to continue govt. action. This would reduce the bureaucracy and stifle unintended, negative consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home