This site is dedicated to everything that can be disagreed about. There are appropriate swear words and graphic descriptions so PLEASE, keep your children off this site. In fact, don't let your kids look at anything with a screen.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Cheap Health Care

A good friend just told me of some medical problems he has. The only advice I could give him is to stock up on soft toilet paper. He added, "and Preparation H". I told him that over-the-counter medications are a joke and that the doctors are the ones with the "good stuff".

This got me to thinking. Do I own my body like I own my car or house? If so, shouldn't I be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of my body? Why shouldn't I be able to self- diagnose and self-treat myself? If I could, then I do not have to go to the drug dealers to make myself well.

By limiting my ability to make myself well, the government and the drug dealers have made health care prohibitively costly. The drug dealers and the insurance companies laugh all the way to the bank. The government succeeds in the only thing it does well: limit liberty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Cross of California said...

Great blog and great idea's I hope we can work to build a better health care system. Health insurance is a major aspect to many.

9:59 PM

 
Blogger The Plumber said...

I don't know if this is comment spam or not.

However, the only way to affordable health care is to remove government subsidies.

2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home