This site is dedicated to everything that can be disagreed about. There are appropriate swear words and graphic descriptions so PLEASE, keep your children off this site. In fact, don't let your kids look at anything with a screen.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Patriot's Appeal to God

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

-If you don't who said these words, you should not be allowed to vote.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the bumper sticker says, "Stop using my religion to sell your politics!"

10:04 PM

 
Blogger The Plumber said...

I wonder if it is safe to assume that you don't know who said these words.

Even though I don't know where you are going with this, anon, thanks for stopping by.

9:02 AM

 
Blogger ctindel said...

I'm pretty sure the origins of "Give me liberty or give me death" were pounded into every 3rd grader that attended public school.

Unfortunately, he was also against the constitution of our country. And since I don't see that as a failure, it is a bit hard to take him seriously.

12:03 AM

 
Blogger The Plumber said...

It is the anti-federalists who are responsible for our Bill of Rights. Their warnings of the intrusive nature of government are evident even today (especially today). In fact, not only were they right, but eerily (sp) prophetic.

For a great Sunday of reading, check this out.

I especially like the debate about the SCOTUS, but they are all good.

How many third-graders even know of the existence of the Anti-Federalist papers? I didn't know till H.S., and I didn't read any of them till college. I have now read most of them.

PS: Your distain of U.S. history and culture are well known to this site. I wonder though if your professed hatred is just to get a rise out of me. Regardless, have fun with the link. I know I did.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger The Plumber said...

Hell, I wonder how many third-grade teachers know of the existence of the Anti-federalist papers.

My guess? Not very damned many. And those that do have probably never read any of them.

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Black Bear said...

I knew who said the quote because of the last few words.

I have never heard of the anti-federalist papers until now.

9:43 AM

 
Blogger Black Bear said...

Wow

I just read a couple of those papers, or tried to, and I was blown away.

I looked over the rest of that site too. It's great!

The anti-federalsts? Wow!

8:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home