This site is dedicated to everything that can be disagreed about. There are appropriate swear words and graphic descriptions so PLEASE, keep your children off this site. In fact, don't let your kids look at anything with a screen.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

When You Lie With Dogs, You Might Get Fleas

A show of hands. Who has ever read the LA Times?

I did for about three months during my travels in the Southwest part of our beautiful country. I generally tend to eschew the MSM in all of its forms, but hey! I was young.

I wasn't so young that I couldn't recognize shit when it passed beneath my nose. I recognized the pungent aroma after I read my first edition. I promptly wrote a letter to the editor to complain about the bias on nearly every page...even the friggin' pictures (remember the Clinton stunt back in '92 when he and algore stayed up for two days listening to people bitch about the economy? Well the pictures they ran were one of Clinton looking very concerned...I mean, you could just tell that Slick was feeling this poor woman's pain; the other picture was of Bush looking like he'd just thrown up on a Japanese PM.)

Of course the letter never got printed.

Anyway, the Times can hardly give their damned newspaper away. In fact, they are in it rather deep. They have completely alienated conservatives, and so they have lost conservatives. They point to a couple of conservatives on their opinion pages and say, "See? We're not biased".

Well, after they canned one of the Leftist opinion columnists, the nannies got their panties all bunched up. Now, I know that there were some folks at this meeting who have names of the masculine gender. But I can assure you, there were no men there.

If the LA Times editorial staff actually takes the opinions of overwrought and highly emotional women as a rational for making serious, dispassionate decisions, then they deserve the needling of parasites.

5 Comments:

Anonymous ouray1965 said...

I stopped reading The Los Angeles Times around the same time I stopped reading The New York Times when I realized it was an agenda-based newspaper instead of a matter of record framed by relevant fact and truth.

Which is an unfortunate thing, because Los Angeles could do with a good newspaper. Then again, any community these days could do with a good newspaper, and there are none to be found.

6:18 PM

 
Blogger JCHess said...

I was going to say something like that. Regardless, it is nice to know I am not the only who thinks that way.

6:21 PM

 
Blogger Mike's America said...

Hey Plumber:

You are invited to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the first Inauguration of President Ronald Reagan, January 20, 2006.

You're welcome to use the image from the post in any manner you see fit and to invite any others who may wish to participate.

http://mikesamerica.blogspot.com/2006/01/next-week-we-celebrate-beginning-of.html

6:17 PM

 
Blogger The Plumber said...

hey thanks. a tribute to our greatest president since Roosevelt (that's Teddy, not Franklin). I'll check it out.

12:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found some tips in here... Not sure about it all, but was useful. keep it up

**freedom for who: **

2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home